The Trials and Tribulations of a Baker-Turned-Cook

Monday, November 26, 2007

Fruited Curry Chicken Salad

I had a ton of cooked chicken breast leftover from a weekend recipe. I decided to make some chicken salad, using ingredients I had around the house. I adapted this recipe from AllRecipes.com. I thought it was excellent! I would make a few changes next time, though. First, I was out of pecans and raisins, so I left them out, but I bet it would have been even better with them. Next time I will also double the amount of curry -- I couldn't really taste it. I also used half the amount of mayo (because I don't like mayo), so it didn't hold together like it should (but it tasted great!). I might also try it with some mandarin oranges and slivered almonds next time...yum!





Fruited Curry Chicken Salad

Adapted from AllRecipes
  • 3/4 C light mayonnaise
  • 1/2 tsp. curry powder
  • 1/8 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves -- cooked and diced or shredded
  • 1 stalk celery, chopped
  • 1/2 small onion, chopped
  • 1 small apple (I used Fuji) -- peeled, cored, and chopped
  • 1/3 C golden raisins
  • 1/3 C seedless grapes (I used red), halved
  • 1/2 C chopped toasted pecans
  1. Combine mayo, curry powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
  2. In a large salad bowl, combine mayo mixture and all remaining ingredients. Mix together, tossing to coat. Salad is ready to serve!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

i have had this at sandwich shops and love it!! have never tried making it at home myself, but maybe i will try it soon now :)