The Trials and Tribulations of a Baker-Turned-Cook

Sunday, November 25, 2007

A little about me...

I have been baking since I was a little girl. There is just something amazing about perfecting a cake or cookie recipe and knowing that it will turn out perfectly every single time.... However, baking is quite different from cooking. Baking, of course, is for the most part an exact science; your measuring cups and spoons are never far from you. Cooking is a whole different ballgame. When I started cooking, my biggest problem (besides the obvious problem of having NO clue how to cook) was being able to improvise recipes. I feel I've come a long way, and I'd love to share my successes (and spectacular failures) in both cooking and baking with all of you. :)


And, because I don't have a particular picture for this post, here's a pic of my Thanksgiving turkey. :)


2 comments:

Jaime said...

i'm very much like you... absolutely more of a baker than a cook! i cannot just make up a recipe and cook something up... glad to hear that you are enjoying it and improving your skills as a cook! looking forward to viewing your blog updates :)

Anonymous said...

Your turkey came out GORGEOUSLY! I can't wait for more posts!