The Trials and Tribulations of a Baker-Turned-Cook

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Breakfast Casserole

My sister-in-law gave this recipe to my mother-in-law, who gave it to me after I insisted that I MUST have it. This is so easy and versatile. And, since you can make it the night before, it is perfect for when you have company. I made it last night before company arrived and popped it in the oven this morning. Next time I will try it with asparagus, green pepper, ham, and maybe some frozen shredded potatoes thrown in -- yum!










Chrissy's Breakfast Casserole

  • 3 C chopped vegetables (I used zucchini and red bell pepper)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 3/4 C EACH shedded cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses
  • 5 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 C olive oil
  • 1 C baking mix (such as Bisquick)
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 fully cooked ham steak, diced
  1. Spray and flour a 9X13 inch glass baking dish.
  2. Combine all ingredients and spread in pan. Refrigerate overnight.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.

No comments: