The Trials and Tribulations of a Baker-Turned-Cook

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Brownie Challenge Recipe #2 -- Deep Dish Brownies

Well, folks, the search may be over before it really even began -- I think I may have found the perfect brownie recipe! This recipe was flaky on the top, chewy on the edges, and dense and fudgy in the middle. I got this from Kayte's blog, and I believe she adapted it from a recipe on Allrecipes. I'm going to try baking them in a bigger pan next time with the hopes that they will come out even chewier. These were simply AWESOME. The definitely get 5 stars!


Deep Dish Brownies

Source: Allrecipes (adaptations from Kayte's blog)

  • 3/4 C butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 C sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 C all purpose flour
  • 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 C semisweet chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8-inch square pan.
  2. In a large bowl, blend melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually blend dry mixture into the egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Let brownies cool, then cut into squares. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Kayte said...

yay!! aren't they wonderful?? i'm so glad you love them as much as we do :)

Jaime said...

mmmm, i love brownies. can't wait to try these!

Traci @ The Bakery said...

I have them baking in the oven as I type....I'll be sure to let you know how they turn out. I spent 20 minutes trying to find a brownie recipe that would work in a pampered chef deep dish baker and found your site. Woohoo....I do hope they are as good as you say. Thank you!!!

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Ok, YES! These brownies ROCK!!! I love that they are soooo rich that I can't eat the whole pan! I added walnuts because, well, I like walnuts and the CRUNCH. Thank you for posting this recipe and thank Katye also....did I spell it correctly?

Jill said...

bako1964 -- I'm so glad you like them! :) These have become my go-to brownie recipe.